Monday 3 September 2007

Hurricane Felix

Yes .... there is a hurricane heading to Honduras....and yes...I am in Honduras!! Good news is that it will most likely miss us here. Siguatepeque is right in the centre of Honduras and the safest place to be as it is so central and in the mountains. We are expecting it to be a bit windy(!?) with heavy rains, flooded roads, mudslides etc. But nothing as dramatic as the coast is going to be. We are praying it misses us - but it would be exciting!!!

On Saturday I went into town to the opening of a Plaza. It was very impressive as the President of Honduras was there and there was a carnival/parade. I loved it all. I am trying to resize all of my photos at the moment so that I can get them all on this blog - they are huge as they are! At least I now have photos and so you will be seeing them very soon!!

I'll keep you informed of Hurricane Felix (and Hurricane Henriette who is due north of us eaerly next week!!)

3 comments:

jean said...

Hi Katharine. we were only just watching the weather and hoping the hurricane would miss you. We were in one once in Antigua. very frightening watching a boat lifted of the harbour waters into the air, can't remember it being exciting though. Still its part of life where you are so i suppose you have to get used to them. cant help worrying about you,bet you didn't pack wellies!!Are your charges still cute? Spanish fluent yet? (only kidding) God bless, love Jean x

Anonymous said...

Good kite flying weather then!!!

love Pete

daveandesther said...

So, hear I am looking on google for information on being on Siguatepeque being on red alert, and what is the very first website that comes up? Some very knowledgeable person assuring me that "Siguatepeque is right in the centre of Honduras and the safest place to be as it is so central and in the mountains". Not kidding - you are now the local hurricane expert :) Good on ya! (that's a kiwi phrase for you - probably British originally :) )