Monday 17 December 2007

Christmas Plans

Lots of people have been asking me my plans for Christmas and so it's easier to tell you all on here! We finish school on Wednesday 19th (hurray!). We finish at lunchtime - 11.15am. Then in the evening we have a big Christmas concert. All the classes are doing something, either playing recorder - they're very good - or singing Spanish songs. I have my Grades 1 and 2 singing in English too. Grade 1 are singing Little Donkey and are amazing, perfect pronunciation and sounds gorgeous. I am amazed at them as they had never spoken English in August when I met them! Grade 2 are singing Away in a Manger - just the first verse. They are horrendous which is very funny! The class has 16 boys and 6 girls and sadly the boys seem to be tone deaf and yet enjoy singing loudly a.k.a. shouting! I am playing my guitar with them in a bid to help them along or a least drown them out if not!
So...after Wed I am staying in Sigua. Noel has gone back to Canada for the hols, Amanda is going to Roatan to meet her family for a hol and so it's Mark and I holding the fort! Actually we are both going to stay with Sue and her family!
Then on Christmas eve all the Gringo families (white, mainly American!) are meeting up to sing Carols and be a bit 'traditional'. On Christmas day I will still be at Sue's and we will have lunch and then in the afternoon she has invited all her Honduran friends and neighbours, which will be lovely - and a chance to practise Spanish.

The best part about my plans starts onthe 27th Dec. We have just booked flights to Costa Rica. We were going to go by bus but that would take at least 18 hours on the bus and although I travelled like that in Uganda I know how tiring it is, and how coming back would ruin the relaxing effect of a holiday. So we looked at flights....and managed to get a return flight for £85. Including taxes! What a bargain!!! Amanda and I will find a beach somewhere and then go and look at a volcano and a National Park and see monkeys and birds. Mark is coming and will go off surfing and then we will meet up for New Years Eve. We fly back to Tegucigalpa on 2nd Jan and will spend a day or 2 there and then come home. Term starts again on 7th Jan.

Sounds like a perfect and sunny holiday to me! It is still the rainy season here but much improved. It has been drizzly today but on Saturday it was 34C. It is generally warm and sunny again - good for maintaining the Tela (and soon to be CR) tan!

Not many photos to add today. Here is one of the new, never seen in Sigua before Christmas tree, and then one of me and Noel - we were wearing the same clothes somehow?! White shirt, brown jumper! More pics to follow after our concert.


4 comments:

jean said...

this looks very cosy!! matching clothes as well. You are certainley in for a far more relaxing time than me.2 days off then back to 1st day of sales. agh! That Christmas tree looks amazing. MERRY CHRISTMAS Katharine. lots of love and God bless as always. Jean and girls

Anonymous said...

HEllooo my dear.

You sound like you are having a ball. Have a wonderful Christmas:-)

We are shutting shop and heading home. The extension is finally finished but oh my life...the mess!

Anonymous said...

lol thats me Beth by the way!

Anonymous said...

Hi
we are going over to Lou's for Christmas Day and Auntie Pat and Tom. are going over to Lou's as well.I am going to Daddy's for new year and mum & Lou are spending it in Gambia.Have a wonderfull Christmas and happy new year. Sending you much love and light
Gemma & Sylvie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx