Sunday 2 December 2007

Pete's Visit

Sorry I haven’t kept this up to date for so long, as usual things have been flying by! Last week Pete came out to visit for the week and it was wonderful! He stayed up with Ken and Sue and so was able to have company whilst I was working in school – he even came and joined in my Grade 1 class and Esther’s Grade 11 class! I think Pete had a great time, I know Dave loved having some company up at the camp.

My plans for showing Pete a Honduran week didn’t really happen, but he did experience a fully North American week instead! During his stay was American Thanksgiving and we were all invited to a huge dinner at the Hagler’s house (one of the American families). It was amazing – I think England should have Thanksgiving too! At least Pete got to meet absolutely everyone I know in one go!
Everyone at Thanksgiving Dinner:


And having my car meant we could go and visit new places too. Amanda and her friend (who was visiting) went off to Copan for the weekend and so Pete, Mark, Noel, Dave, Esther and I used our day off (thanks Americans) to go to the lake. Wow it is so beautiful there. We visited various places around it and were just amazed by what we saw – truly stunning scenery.

We also got to go to the caves on the way to the lake which was good fun.

On the Saturday we stayed in Sigua and went up to the camp and in the evening had a ‘Life of Brian’ evening! Then on Sunday, Pete, the boys and I joined Ken, Sue and the kids on a trip to a National Park, went to a waterfall and climbed a mountain (I’m going off this whole mountain climbing thing being surrounded by such speedy climbers – whatever happened to a Sunday afternoon stroll taking in the scenery?!), however it was just beautiful and I got to take photos of humming birds etc.






I did more that weekend then I have since I’ve been here! Pete can come again! It was lovely having him around – and having some British input again! He even brought some reminders of England for my housemates! I was so pleased everyone got on with him so well, when he left Mark and Dave were missing having him around as well as me!
A big thank you to everyone who sent stuff with Pete – I really appreciated it. Especially the chocolate and the tea bags – and Pete bought me out a teapot and so it is even better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pleased you had such a great time with Pete and think your car looks wonderful. I really will get around to writing properly very soon but need to get my Christmas cards written; only trouble is I've lost my list!! Think the photo of the humming bird is just magical, well done. Take care, love Barbara xx

jean said...

So glad you had a wow of a time,an independant girl needs her independancy!! 4x4 looks great.pics are great to look at but that humming bird, just brilliant.Hope you got all your goodies.and have a wonderful if different Christmas. take care especially on the roads. God bless. love Jean