Sunday 31 May 2009

Hot rods...Honduran style!

Now I wasn't overly scared at the earthquake - confused ...yes! But last night I found myself very scared. Amanda has been away at camp all weekend and so I've been by myself again, something that doesn't ever worry or bother me.
But at 4.30am last night I was rudely awakened...I was woken by a car (I think pick-up) that was driving at the speed of light outside my house, noone goes fast outside my house because a) the road is so bad and b) I live in a dead end by a cemetery! The screeching of the brakes and tyres woke me and then I heard boys laughing. Not such a problem thought I and then I heard all the gun shots! I think it must have been drunk guys driving around firing their guns!! I was actually really scared! I didn't get out of bed as didn't want to be seen through the window. I thought of my dogs, but thankfully heard them drinking water outside my window so knew they were ok, which meant I could go back to sleep!
Never a dull moment around here!

3 comments:

jean said...

Roll on 2 weeks for a safer environment!!!That must have been a horrific moment. Keep safe,keep well,
God Bless, love Jean.x

Anonymous said...

The sooner you get to your new place the better!
Take GREAT care
God Bless
CHAT

Anonymous said...

At least your moving soon!
And it was very considerate for you to think of the dogs.
lol
Your very lucky you are moving and I hope you remain safe until then!
Love from Anna