Wednesday 13 May 2009

To laugh or cry?!

Sunday morning was Mother's Day here- and it is a HUGE day! Is celebrated in a big way and everyone goes all out, it's great.

So....this Sunday....as I leave the house ready to go to church, dressed in my skirt and nice clothes...I see hoards of people walking to the cemetary with flowers for mother's day. Everyone goes to visit relatives and so the road outside my house is busy with families and groups of people.
I open up the gates to gate my car out.....thinking I had repaired it on Saturday (Jaime came round on Sat and we repaired said fence and tested it to make sure dogs could not escape)....well....my dogs had had all night to find new escape plans and before I know it they have found a new way out and run towards the groups of people in the road. My dogs both hate bicycles and have developed a hatred towards children recently too (I think the kids up the road come by and taunt them). Anyway....they run towards a group of about 10 people....aiming at the dog with them.....suddenly my dogs become super angry and aggresive towards this dog.....who turned out to belong to a drunk man (nice!). I call my dogs....they ignore me...far too aggressive.....they then start growling and barking at the group of people as well as the dogs and run round and around the people....women and children start shouting and screaming.....dogs start frothing at mouth......I don't know whether to laugh or cry.....my landlords in the house in front hear the screaming and come out....then start helping me shoo my dogs away from the people.....then landlord's son who owns the house next door comes out as he also hears the screaming....he also helps.....drunk man helps too.

At one point I just stopped still and looked around at the disaster happening around me and didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. I was SO SO embarrassed! My dogs were growling and barking at everyone and I wasn't sure what was going to happen next. Eventually the dogs were shooed in my direction and I managed to grab them both and appologise profusely to everyone and thank my neighbours.

At least everyone now think my dogs are scary!

I was late for church.

No comments: