Sunday 3 May 2009

...un desastre!

This afternoon I set about finishing the fence. Jaime didn't have time today to come and help so it was down to me on my own!! It was a bit difficult but I managed to get the wire on the gate successfully. Then it was time to put the hinges on!! I decided it would be quicker with an electric screwdriver/drill so I called everyone I thought would have one and ended up going to Luis Vega (of all people!) to borrow his. As it turns out I didn't use it and was easier by hand! Typical waste of time driving round to get it but heh!!
So, Amanda came out to help me put the hinges on and we somehow managed to get a 3rd hinge by taking it off the old gate (we may have had several disasters along the way!). So we measured and screwed it all together. Amanda decided it would be easier if we measured it and took the pins out of the hinges, screwed it all on and then hooked it together! NOPE- not easier. It now doesn't fit together! So we've leaned the gate in the gap and it will have to do til Jaime comes back next weekend!! At least I'll get to use the screwdriver - to remove all the screws!!!

I tried to get it all done by myself to prove a point. Failed! Lots of blisters. But laughed a lot!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now why haven't we got any photos of you and Amanda putting on the hinges - then we could have joined in the laughter?!! Hope that soon it is all sorted and that the dogs find something else to amuse themselves with rather than gnawing on bits of your car!Take care, love Barbara x

Anonymous said...

Hope you do get the fence up
And hopefully it will be easier then this attempt!
lol
Have fun
Love from Anna