Thursday 8 July 2010

Good news and Bad news!

Good news first....

David Orellana, who was kidnapped last week has been returned safe and well. To be returned so quickly is amazing here. Thank the Lord! We don't know details about how, how much money, what happened etc. But that is not for me to know! Good news though.

Other good news...I managed to work out the traps after about 2 hours!! Haha..just pathetic! It didn't help that some were so badly made they didn't actually work.

So for bad news....despite putting out 3 traps, 2 glue traps and lots of poison - I still can't find the bloomin thing!! It has however recently eaten the poison so I hope it has died somewhere..but where?! On Saturday I am going to get Adony to pull the stove, fridge out etc when he come to do his laundry. Here's hoping it's there. So..it's not exactly bad, devastating news, but heh!! All relative!

Other bad news. My Landlord put my rent up today, not too much, but he said taxes have gone up etc. This really is bad news!! However, he did agree to put up a screen door on my front door - so I can get fresh air without mosquitoes and rats entering. He's also going to plant some plants in front of my apartment - and it will be my responsibility to look after them. I like this idea! I have an area in front of my kitchen that my dogs just dig up, I regularly go out with my machete to cut the weeds down and I have promised Don Chema I will put gravel down - again to make it look pretty (and to stop the digging). I just can't afford it right now. One day!

Some very good news and not exactly devastating bad news!!

1 comment:

jean said...

I like the good news, thats marvelous, not so sure about the other as I cant bear the things. when the stove comes out get him to check inside the back of the stove not just underneath. Good luck,God Bless, love jean.