Tuesday 6 July 2010

The last straw!

Today I am nothing short of exhausted! I was ready for bed by 6pm!! But then....I went to make a sandwhich and found the bag of bread and contents had been eaten. Then saw the poo. Then saw the most enormous rat run across my kitchen. The open plan kitchen with no door...in an open plan apartment. Great.

I called my friend. He refused to come and kill it. Said I need to get used to rats in the house and he will lend me his cat tomorrow. Great. One rat = 2 rats = a family of rats. I may have got upset at the lack of help and being laughed at for even thinking it was unpleasant to have such a large rat in my house. His idea of cheering me up about it? Telling me to name them all. No one seems to have a problem with rats in the house. Will Honduras ever improve if little things like this are never delt with? If it's normal. Makes you wonder.

I used to have Mabel my pet rat at uni. But not big and black, running around my kitchen. In my open plan apartment. The bread was the only food I had in the house. Bed with no dinner!!

The last straw today. Unimpressed.

Tomorrow = mouse traps. Great. Sometimes I don't like living alone!

1 comment:

jean said...

urghhhh! can dogs be trained to catch rats one wonders!! maybe you will have to get plastic boxes for food.take care, God bless, love jean.