Friday 20 July 2007

A suitable ending

Well, it has finally happened - I have now officially left Chesswood! Today was the last day of term and so now it is all over! It felt a bit strange at the end of the day, but I managed to stay composed all day and not cry. Impressive I thought, although I've been moving things out of my classroom for the last 2 weeks and so I guess that has made it easier. I had a beautiful card made by Barbara, which everyone signed - now that did make me cry when I read what people had written! I also look forward to using my digital photo frame and my monopod, which I was given as a leaving present.

It was hard to say goodbye to everyone, knowing that I may never see some of them again. I found it ironic (if that is the right word) that the last people I said goodbye to were Denis, Sue and Wendy - who were the first people I met as they taught me when I went there as a child! It felt as if things had been finished off and finalised properly. A suitable ending!

So....it's goodbye Chesswood Middle School, Worthing...and Escuela Bilingue Siguatepeque here I come!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found this blog and have enjoyed reading your thoughts and looking at your photos, especially of the party I missed!! Love Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hope it all went well yesterday and you weren't overcome by all the packing! We will really miss you but promise to keep in touch and will jointly promise with you to keep our blogs updated as much as we can! Lots of love, Leigh xxxx