Monday 6 August 2007

I'm here!

Well I am in Honduras! After a nightmare journey - my BA flight was late and so had to run across Miami airport crying on the immigration men on the way - which handily got me to the front of the queue so I made my connecting flight!! However 1 of my bags didn't but at least it arrived the next day and got sent by taxi to my house!

My cousin Sue is simply lovely as is her house and her family. The school is er...different. I'm going to find it a major challenge being there! But the town is lovely and it should be ok. Certainly hot!

The national tree is the Pine tree and they are everywhere. Is really strange as you look out of the window, as you see pine trees mixed up with palm trees and banana trees! Very odd sight!

I'm now in Copan at my language school and that isn't so nice. In fact I am hating every second of it here! I am on my own and very isolated. I can't talk to anyone and have lost my confidence. I am exceptionally tired and am jet lagged which doesn't help. I have til Saturday to put up with it. Then I can go home to my town which i like. Please excuse the typing but I am in an internet cafe! I had my first Spanish lesson, I had to take a test and could only write my name!! Oh dear!

If I can last til Saturday it will be a miracle!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi glad you arrived safely, thinking of, stick with it hopefully it will be worth while! Buena Suerte
God Bless Jean, Barrie, Vicki & Katie
PS Per Una sale do you want any long skirts?!!!