Thursday 17 January 2008

Local wildlife!

I'm getting into this blogging, but I promise this one will be shorter! I'm loving staying up at Dave and Esther's house. It's more like being at home - as in not living in the teacher's house in school! Far more relaxing living away from work, and we get to meet and see more people too. I am most definitely not living in the school next year! It is very beautiful up there, so Amanda and I seem to spend most afternoons/evenings sat out on the porch reading, singing or chatting. Wonderful!

The only draw back being the local wildlife...last night I found a scorpion in my bedroom. Esther said she often finds the small ones and that recently she had found some big ones too. I have been keeping an eye out for them in the house, and wanted to see one, but not in my bedroom! I would have liked to see it somewhere else ...someone else's house maybe!? This one was a small one, and to be honest instead of stressing, I was merely fascinated by it! Obviously, my first reaction was to go and get my camera....and then the frying pan! Amanda could hear me banging the frying pan about and now the scorpion is no more - hurray! Does make me realise the tarantula's will be back soon, now that it is the start of the hot season! Oh joy - how I hate them!


By the way.....Amanda's feet are healing ....my car however is not! The radiator is now leaking and so I have to fill it back up with water everyday before I go anywhere!! Heh ho - at least I have one! It will be going to the mechanic on Monday, but for now my mechanical skills are increasing everyday (sort of!) It is true that cars need a lot more work out here. It's going to be an expensive (but invaluable) asset, despite labour being cheap here. I need to start my fundraising!!!

p.s. don't forget to leave comments on here if you're reading this!

6 comments:

jean said...

not sure about being fascinated by the scorpion but did it taste nice? only kidding!! you need a night class for mechanics or a decent manual to learn about your car but i bet thats not available either.Can you get something like rad seal out there,just a thought.I like the idea of sitting out for the evening, that definately appeals, enjoy your time there while you can. take care,God bless. Jean x

Anonymous said...

Not all scorpions are bad; I'm one!! Love the photo,- you must have been quite close, or have you got fantastic zoom?? Cars certainly keep you poor, mine cost £350 ish this week and Alan's has got a service and MOT next> Never mind, I'm off to a massive craft show/demonstrations etc at Farnborough today; think my card may get red hot!! Love Barbara xx

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I really wish i was there to see it.
love yah
kristen

Anonymous said...

it lovely to read about your adventures. love all the pics

Anonymous said...

yet a another intresad friend .a lot more fun and games than here .i would like to an eye on your car for you.

thesamesky said...

Wow scary! When I was in Brazil, my team-mate woke up to a scorpion on her pillow ... urgh!