Wednesday 23 January 2008

The price of freedom.....

Well, my car is safe to drive now - hurray! Not that it stopped me before obviously. But what I didn't know didn't worry me, shall we say. It is going to be an amazing car once it is all sorted out! My radiator has been leaking for the past week, but as the mechanic was busy it was easily solved by making sure I always had bottles of water in the car, and provided I didn't go further than into town I could just fill it back up before coming home again! Perfect. Then the windscreen washer fluid tank-thing also started leaking, which wasn't a problem as I had water in the car anyway! Oh and the bushings, I am learning so much about cars it's untrue. Whenever I had to turn sharp corners (and some not so sharp) the car made the most awful scraping noises. My bushings had apparently been torn to shreds. Who knew eh? Well, they have been replaced too! So tomorrow, my oil is being changed as it is so dirty and next week I need someone to look at my exhaust pipe (everyone can hear when I'm coming) and then it will be perfect. All very exciting! I'm getting good at recognising sounds my car makes!

The dangerous things have all been sorted for now and it is positively wonderful to drive now the steering is sorted. Obviously I collected it from the garage and the horn no longer works - but they tell me that is easy to fix and so we'll see! All good fun. I'm very grateful labour costs are so cheap here I can tell you! All adds up though, but the freedom and independence the car brings is most definitely worth it. My fund raising will have to start soon!

Who knew I could write so much about cars - nothing interesting, but heh!? No photos today, but at least I haven't written so much!

Don't forget to leave me a comment (I'm so nosey I want to know who is reading this - and I love getting little messages from people)

p.s. packages from August are starting to come through now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know just what you mean about cars; they give so much independence that it becomes hard to imagine life without them. Glad the Christmas parcel got through ok; just hope you get the one your dad posted in the summer now!!Take care, love Barbara x

Anonymous said...

Hi
Everyone at Chesswood really misses you!
You were the best teacher ever!
The other kids are lucky to have you.
Can't wait till you post more onto your blog.
Love from Anna

vs.tiger said...

Glad to here you have got the car sorted. Do you think they keep leaving bits so you have to go back?
from vicki

jean said...

Hi, I know that I would be up the creek without my car as theres no way i could get home from work at night without it.So maybe we ought to give them a little tlc now & again. How's the house sitting anymore creepy things? Did any of the clothes sent fit? What sort of things can you get there (clothing).spring stuff coming in now, all the linen etc. reminds me of you. God bless, love Jean

Anonymous said...

All we've got to worry about is a new battery and trying to persuade C to do something about that has only taken 2 weeks - I know, I know, go and do it yourself, H!!
God Bless
CHAT