Sunday 23 March 2008

Happy Easter!

Just a quick post to say Happy Easter to everyone!

Have I mentioned enough recently how much I love living here?!
Today's Easter services really reminded me of being home - until someone told me this is home now! They had a point.
We went to a sunrise service in the local Seminary at 5am today. All the churches from town met together and the worship group/band was a culmination from them all. Each church contributed something towards the service so there was lots of singing. I was like a small child in a sweet shop - I was just so excited by the whole thing! We sang ALL my favourite Easter songs and hymns from home - but in Spanish. Was wonderful.

It also reminded me so much of mum, she would have loved it - and that was a good feeling too, although I had to make sure it didn't make me cry!
The service lasted 2.5 hours - a long sunrise! Then we went to our church for breakfast and then their own Easter Service. It was a long day - but I loved it.

I really do love Easter, and it was a good end to Semana Santa.

I am so happy here and feel so privileged to be able to live here.

2 comments:

jean said...

Hi, So glad you had a great Easter Day. Please could you explain 2 things '5am' & 'sun' as its seems to be missing from our wintery life in Worthing! Although I gather I.O.W has a 5.30 am! Love & God bless as always,Jean.x

Anonymous said...

Jean P
Wow fantastic photos and you look so relaxed.
Enjoy the rest of your break ours comes later and perhaps when the weather is warmer.
love Jean ps did you get any chocolate!!