Sunday 2 March 2008

Life plods on - and I love living here!

Another week has flown by in the world of Katharine. My car? Well..Monday was fun...Dave took my car into the Electric mechanic, Tito (whom I bought the car from) for him to mend the horn and electric windows (which were very unhappy). When I went to pick it up he had found another problem so I had to take it back the next day. It was something to do with the starter or battery? No worries I thought, so went up to Sue's house for the evening. As I drove home later that night, I passed the police check point, turned off the highway and my lights went out, the lights on the dashboard went out and the engine started dying rapidly. What could I do but go as fast as I could down the road so I didn't stop completely!? I was able to put on my big fog lamps that are wired up separately so it wasn't too dangerous. My poor car crawled into the school. Dave took it to Tito the next morning (as I had class) and he sorted it all out. Amazingly, 2 days of work came to a grand total of £5. Labour is so cheap here, it is the parts that are expensive. So, it's doing well - apart from the scraping sound on the turns! I'll take it to Ramon the mechanic this week sometime! Will it ever end?

Ken and Sue moved into their new house this week, Amanda went up and cleaned their old house for 4 hours and I just filled my car up and drove between the houses delivering things! The new house is going to be lovely, it is not exactly finished yet, but in a few weeks it will be done (I hope!) I'm very excited to be living there over the summer, house sitting.

Good news is that Amanda is now staying next year! Hurray! I get a friend staying!!

This week has been a chance to get to know new friends better and hang out with people. All good!

Peter has very generously donated a video projector to the school. We've got it here and it's wonderful. I watched Dora the Explorer in my class - fantastic. We have also used it in the house and had a cinema night!! Perfect.

I love living here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad Amanda is staying another year and that you've got another stint of house-sitting organised. That could almost be your 3rd/4th job couldn't it? Take care, love Barbara x

jean said...

Very pleased you get to keep your friends for a longer time.we are all a bit poorly here. sinuses,chests and achey old bones that creak, much like your car i would have thought. Have discovered the joys of facebook (fun, but huge timewaster)The world's a very small place on the internet!!! Hope they finish the house before you have to move in. take care, God bless love Jean.x