Wednesday 30 April 2008

El Salvador - or London??!

Just to let you know I won't be in contact for the weekend, as tomorrow (Thursday) I'm off to El Salvador for the weekend! It's May Day tomorrow and therefore like UK we get a day off and so we are making the most of it and getting away. I am driving 6 of us in my car - and in theory I should legally be able to cross the border with my car. It is a slight gamble as to whether we'll actually get in the country as my car's registration slip is still in Tito's name! It seems not many people change the reg slip as it's not important in Honduras - but the border is different. I do have all the paperwork in my name and so am legal. In theory it's fine so let's hope they are in a good mood!

We are driving to Tegus after school tomorrrow and then it is only about 3 hours to the border from there on Friday and so, remarkably close!
I spent today rushing around trying to buy a small fire extinguisher, which is a requirement by law to have in the car (when we went to Utila I borrowed Enoc's) and other various things. After a long time dragging around the hardware stores in town I managed to get everything.

Our budget for this trip? Without including food, we can get there, back, and 3 nights accomodation for a grand total of £10 - because there are 6 of us to split the cost and Megan's parents are helping with the cost of petrol as she has a broken foot (otherwise we'd catch a bus!).

It's cheaper for me to go to El Salvador for 3 days then it is for me to go to London for a day trip on the train from Worthing!! Which would I prefer??? I think the beach wins I'm afraid!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. the forecast here for the weekend is showers every day, but on Sunday the temperature should be up to 20C, so at least they'll be warm showers, (that's assuming that they've got the forecast right!!). Take care, love Barbara x

jean said...

beach gets my vote too!! have a safe and happy time. love & God Bless. Jean x

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend its what its all about.
Jean P