Sunday 13 July 2008

A summer summary

After the initial trauma of life here at camp I am LOVING the holidays! I am just having such an amazing time. So much has happened here over the last few weeks that it is hard to write it all down and so I am going to summarise it as best I can.
  • I've been meeting new people, making new friends, getting to know people better and spending more time with my friends. (The best part of my holiday)
  • Relaxing with a movie

  • I've been practising my Spanish daily.

  • I went with the team to a local children's home where my friend Melodie works and where some of the kids in my class come from. The team played games, craft activities, sang etc. Was great!

    Patricia and her brother (wearing the necklace she made!)

  • This past 2 weeks there has been a bilingual camp on and so I have been eating my meals up there and joining in a bit - getting to know some of the Honduran leaders better has been another highlight of my holiday.
  • The whole camp
    The leaders

  • I had severe food poisoning - never felt so ill. But am fully better now.
  • Went to the Caribbean Sea last weekend to recover from said food poisoning with the team from Wisconsin, who were at the camp.
  • I found a house to rent today to live in when I get back. It's very exciting, a newly built house - just need furniture now...

  • I've now sold the puppies apart from the 2 I am keeping and the 1 Sue is keeping.


  • Enoc and Jorge put up a bigger fence to give the puppies a bigger pen to play in whilst I'm away and Kike is looking after them.

  • Small puppy pen....

    New puppy pen!
    Working hard!


    Puppies exploring

  • Realised just how lovely my friends are when Jorge and Enoc gave me a surprise birthday cake on Saturday night as I won't be here for my birthday! In fact, it was lovely.. a fantastic praise and worship service at church to celebrate the church's anniversary (I LOVED that service because the worship group were amazing - well done guys - and we sang nearly all my favourite English songs in Spanish!). Anyway, after church we went shopping and came back here cos the boys were going to cook dinner!! Amazing! Before we started cooking they pulled out a birthday cake for me and started singing...I'm surprised I managed not to cry!! As it turns out, we ate eventually at 10pm and it was surprisingly good!!


  • We think we got burgled several times as money and ipods have mysteriously gone missing. Who knows?
Jorge demonstrating burglary techniques!

And so it continues, but I shall bore you no further with it!


I fly back to the UK tomorrow, arriving Tuesday night for 3 weeks. So far my plans aren't solid, but here is a rough guide...

I arrive Tuesday night (15th)- John (my brother) will meet me at the airport

Wednesday 16th - go to IOW

Thursday 17th - my birthday!

Friday 18th - go to Worthing for Denis' farewell party, followed by meeting Marina for dinner!

Sat 19th - Haslemere reunion

Sun 20th - St G's

Mon - Wed/Thurs - in Worthing

Wed/Thurs - visit Pete - possibly going on to Caroline? John at some point too.

Weekend back in Worthing, then Monday back to IOW?

OK so thats as far as I have got!! I will pretty much be in Worthing for the weekends at any rate.

I fly back to Honduras on Monday 4th Aug - arriving Tues 5th

Random picture of an amazing caterpillar!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow can sunny Worthing live up to your hectic social life!!
Be really good to see you perhaps you won't now get to read this before you go. Jean P

Anonymous said...

So looking forward to seeing you, you look so good in the photos! As Jean says, you might find Worthing a bit dull after all that has been happening to you. Hope that you have a safe journey, see you soon, Love Barbara xx

jean said...

Glad you have got somewhere to live, will you share or live alone?Is it far from the school? Looking forward to seeing you soon, safe journey and Happy Landings. God Bless, love Jean.x

Anonymous said...

See you Sunday!
CHAT