Monday 29 December 2008

The things we do!

I'm going to try and keep this more up to date so I don't have to write lengthy epics again! Since Christmas it's all be kinda quiet. More football watching etc - am getting very into the league and this was the first week we didn't lose!!! Didn't win either but heh!

Today I have been invited to a birthday party. It's Karina's mums birthday and she has invited me to her party!! It's the same family I spent Christmas Eve with - only this time it will be the whole entire extended family...and me! Her mum has said I am now part of the family...yay I've been adopted into a Honduran family!!
So..I'm off to a party at a place I don't know (a field somewhere!) with people I pretty much don't know apart from 2 or 3, all speaking in a language I don't know (well am not great at!). All thigns considered....am quite nervous about going!! But If I'm to be a part of this culture, community and accepted then I have to make the effort. It will be hilarious if nothing else....will let you know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and don't play too much football! Love Barbara x

jean said...

Thats great, a nice family to keep an eye on you and your mad antics!We all would like to wish you a Very Happy and safe New Year. 2009 will be very different for me as I will be retired as of 1st January which hopefully will give us a happier home life.( not that we're unhappy it's just stressfull)Hope the Christmas bits got to you in time. \much love, God Bless, love Jean.xx