Monday 18 May 2009

I'm official!

It's official, I signed my residency papers on Friday - finally! After nearly 2 years they have finally completed, I just have to go back in 60 days to get my 'carnet' card thing! Obviously the photo on the card is one of my best...she spoke to me as she took the picture so I obviously looked at her...not the camera! Nice one Katharine! I went up to Tegus to the 'Migration' office (in charge of residencies, passports etc) with Amanda and Karlita (adminstrator in charge of all the paperwork from school) and we got it all done.
Perhaps my favourite part was after having done fingerprints of all my fingers, the lady filled my hand with Ajax powdered bleach so I could wash the ink off. So there we were with hands full of powdered bleach walking through a government building! a) we could have thrown that in anyone's eyes or goodness knows what else and b) it looked like we were walking along with a handful of cocaine!!! Hilarious!

Anyway, the paperwork is done and I just have to wait for the last bit.

No comments: