Monday 18 May 2009

Student life revisited!

Having finished my signing of papers (read other blog entry!) Amanda and Karlita went back to Sigua and I stayed to meet up with friends. Lorena was going to Tegus to buy some stuff with Jaime (her brother) and so I stayed up there to meet with her and stay with them both. It meant I had to wait 3 hours Mall. I can't begin to tell you how bored I was, I went up to the cinema thinking I could have a sleep in there but the movies had started an hour before. So I went around the coffee shops drinking coffee and filling in the Sudoku in the newspapers!! I couldn't find a newspaper to buy anywhere but went into a Supermarket where the lady on the glass/china/present wrapping kiosk had a pile of old newspapers she used to wrap stuff with. She gave me one free when I told her how bored I was - so I could then look at cars for sale!!
Lorena arrived at the Mall and we waited for Jaime - to find out he was at another Mall completely - so we jumped in a taxi!!
Anyway, we went back to his house and it was quite wonderful to experience a student house in Honduras!!! We got there about 7pm and they pointed out that if we get killed it would be my fault - walking along with a white girl!! I just suggested we walked faster!!! But it reminded me a lot of Brighton for some reason. The houses were all on little tiny lanes that you walked through. I bought some cornflakes on the way for dinner and breakfast and it traditional student form I ate cornflakes with a fork!! Jaime had his in a cup! Students are the same the world over. It was so wonderful to stay in a normal house - nothing fancy or expensive. Normal! I had a great time with them both and then on Saturday afternoon we caught the bus back to Sigua.

That night, I went to a concert in one of the churches in town and to my surprise it was Very good!

Amanda's family have been down for the week and so Sunday was spent getting to know them and spending time with them. It was lovely. Her dad tried to train our dogs - success with Jezebel and simply no hope for Delilah (who hid around the back of the house every time he went outside!) So brave!

I also looked at another car on Sunday, belonging to the brother of a lady from church. I simply have no idea if it's the right car or not - I feel not!

Quite a wonderful weekend and today it was very hard to go back to work!

No comments: