Tuesday 19 May 2009

Sheer Bravery!

As my Grade 2's and I were tidying the classroom today I noticed a tarantula creep out from under the bookcase. The kids were all sat down at their desks and if I had pointed it out the girls would have screamed and the boys would have wanted to play with it...not on my agenda!

So I was incredibly brave....yes...I quietly went up to Joel - a sensible 7 year old boy and asked him to remove it for me without a fuss!! He quietly and subtly slipped out to the bathroom to get a broom, killed it and swept it outside, all without a word - noone else found out! Well maybe Itzel saw it and thought I was very mean for killing it....I pointed out I just wanted it gotten rid of!!

Should I feel embarrassed that I had a 7 year old boy remove a taratula for me?! Nah!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Your so lucky someone could actually remove it!
lol
I'm terrified of ALL spiders and I would certainly not of been as helpful as the 7 yr old!
lol
Lets hope it doesn't happen again!
Love from Anna

jean said...

2nd nature to a Honduran me thinks, so nothing to be embarrased about.

Megan said...

Joel is a lovely boy. And Itzel with her bouncy curls, I can totally imagine it!

Anonymous said...

For the record - Tim would have wanted to keep it as a pet and Amy would probably have fainted on the spot. Good job neither are in your Grade 2s!
Take Care - with spiders and everything else
God Bless
CHAT

Unknown said...

am shuddering at the thought! you're very brave to stay calm!
lets hope you dont have anymore 'close encounters'! love always katie x