Sunday 4 July 2010

Never a dull moment!

Figured I'd try and keep this better updated!

This time last Saturday night I was up at the hospital with Kike and his broken limbs and near death experience!

This Saturday night? We had our churches 21st Anniversary service (service number 3!) and then as always a group of us went and ate baleadas at our favourite place...the garage that is converted into a 'baleada restaurant' at night - the oil covered courtyard with tables! The difference is that for the first time in ages there were about 12 of us. We sat and chatted and relaxed together for about 2 hours, a really good time with friends. Then, as every Saturday night Adony came to my house to do his laundry in my washing machine (I offer it to all my friends to do their laundry as I live alone and am lucky enough to have a good water supply and a washing machine!). This time, as it was straight from church (via baleadas), Adony's mum came too and another friend Eduardo. They stayed and chatted (and Ado changed the strings on someone's guitar at the same time) whilst the clothes washed. In fact stayed and chatted a very long time, and we realised it was 11.15pm.

Also at this time Ado realised he had locked both his house keys and car keys in his car!! Judith hadn't bought her keys with her and due to a sad family situation no-one else was available to help. So, I drove them back to their house in my car, the boys jumped the front gate and eventually managed to break into the house to find some spare keys! Then we drove back to my house and Adony's car. None of this a quick process. The good part in it all was that whilst the boys were breaking into the house, I was in my car with Hermana Judith and was able to have a good chat with her. Her life is v sad and conmplicated right now and she is very lonely in her house whilst Ado works out of town during the week, and her daughters both married and moved away (one to the States). Husband? Difficult subject. So, she feels lonely and at times scared or upset. So she now has my number with instructions to call me if she needs anything (she can't drive), if she needs a ride somewhere - or if she just needs company cos she's lonely!

One of her daughters, Eunice, is expecting her baby round about now and I'm on stand-by to drive Judith down to San Pedro Sula should she need to go quickly!

So, the evening ended after midnight, but was just really lovely, all things considered. Apparently Saturday nights will always be eventful. But I like it.

No comments: