Friday 24 September 2010

Bad day!

After work today I had to go to the supermarket, so I went straight from work. I parked in the secure cark park...security guards, cameras, and went into the store quickly. When I came out someone had broken into my car and stolen my laptop) My new one I got at Christmas. As I got to my car and realised this, the owner of the supermarket walked past so I was able to tell her. She then called people down from the office and I went with them upstairs in their office above the store. We watched the CCTV footage...but its not very good and you couldn't see anything very clearly. So they could do nothing. I gave them my details and they said I had to go to the Police Station - not somewhere a white girl goes alone! So I called all my friends and got hold of no-one!! Lorena was in Comayagua and had more luck calling people for me. As I went downstairs I saw a lady from church entering (Delmy's sister) so I asked her to come to the police with me!!

I entered the police station and they said they couldn't do anything. Then suddenly they received a phone call from the Govenor, who said they must help me immediately!!! Lorena had called a friend in church, who is a big wig in politics and she had called the chief of police for me!! Then Ovidio turned up at the Police Station..man's presence needed. Then a man from church, Manuel turned up too! I don't know him very well but he had heard I needed help so came along. Ovidio and Besie had to go so I went with MAnuel and 5 police back to the Supermarket! The chief of Police told the Supermarket man that they had to help me, I was in this country to help them etc etc!! Was very sweet. So I have to go back to the police station again tomorrow morning...with anyone I can find to help me! Not a chance I will get my laptop back. I'm so sad...I had got my external hard drive out last night so I could back everything up this weekend!! Too late. So I've lost all my photos, music, movies...and WORK!! Not good. Worst of all is that I won't have Skype so won't be able to communicate with my family. I am borrowing a friend's computer for the night (and hopefully til Sunday!). Then that is it. How I will get my vast ammounts of work done I have no idea!! God has a plan in all this...but I can't see it!!

The good thing in it all is that when they broke into my car (forced the lock) they dind't actually steal the car!! And I wasn't there at the time - so didn't get shot! I can at least appreciate that.

No comments: