Thursday 23 September 2010

Destruction

I have just been sat watching the news on tv. It's truly heartbreaking. These heavy rains have destroyed sooo much. Roads, bridges, houses, businesses, farm land etc. The photos are horrific. The country is on Green alert now and the next heavy rains (Tropical storm Matthew) are due in the next few hours. Apparently, hundreds of schools across the country have collapsed and have had to be evacuated. Craziness. It truly and honestly makes me very sad to watch all this around me. Even part of the main football stadium in the capital city has collapsed! We are about to experience the heaviest rains so far....if you've seen the photos of Lorena's house and the neighbourhood in these floods this does not bode well. This rain really does stress me out - even though my house is dry...so far....apart from my laundry room which regularly floods!! I think it's the destruction it's causing that stresses me out. Horrible. The news is saying that with all this rain, it is causing more distasterous effects than Hurricane Mitch did in 1998. Not good. They (hurricane centre in USA) are predicting 18 tropical cyclones of which 10 will be hurricanes. Whether they all hit Honduras is unknown. Great. Glad I bought wellies.

No comments: