Tuesday 28 September 2010

Feliz dia de los pliegos de Independencia!!

Today was my last and final visit to the poli!! I called the office 3 times and each time the officer I needed to talk to was out on a 'Mission'. Finally, when I called, he actually answered the phone himself, so I jumped in my car and went straight to the Police Station. I'm not sure what I was expecting....but this wasn't it! On Friday, when the laptop was stolen I went to the Poli, gave my story, had it all typed out and signed..this was the 'Denuncia' I was announcing that my laptop had been stolen. I didn't realise this meant nothing! They said I needed to talk to the chief of robberies and so for 4 days I have been trying to track him down. Finally tonight, when I met him, it was only to make a 'Declaracion'. I had to declare that my laptop had been stolen - and only he could do this! Same information. NOW they can start looking for it...5 days later! hahaha. It's just comical.

After, my brief trip to declare my stolen laptop (waste of time, but I have now completed my part and never have to return to the Police) I went into the town for the evenign with Lorena. Today we are celebrating the signing of the papers for the Independence! There was a night time torch-light parade. It was fab, a real carnival, family feeling celebration. The streets were packed with people, more than on Independence day. The marching bands were phenominal, it was a lot more relaxed and so they completely went to town with their routines. I had parked in the middle of town, so we had to stay for all of it...a long time considering it started 2 hours late! Despite back ache from standing so long, it was just what I needed. Relaxing, fun time. I feel a lot more peaceful now that I am finished with my part of the robbery and so it was a good end to the day.

(By the way...the 4th thing to go wrong was that my toilet broke, something went wrong in the sistern, but I've been here long enough to be able to fix things like that myself. It's amazing what you can do with the wire ties that bread packets are tied up with!!)

1 comment:

jean said...

I really dont know what to say about all your problems except keep your chin up and stay positive. Keep well, God Bless, love Jean.x