Monday 27 September 2010

Things come in 3's....I've reached my quota!

Yesterday I wrote about the fact Israel lent me his old laptop. Well.....tonight it died! As I was writing an email it made a loud noise and shut down saying there is an internal error!! It won't start up again. it can't read the disk or something. So...tomorrow I shall return it to Israel! It's a bit embarrassing but genuinely not my fault. So, I'm back to being computer-less. Handily Jaime was meant to come collect his laptop last night but didn't come...so I can write it on that. I know he needs it for work tomorrow, but as ever, I'm maximising on it now.

Actually, he has suspected Dengue too - same as his brother David. Bearing in mind how much time I spend with Lorena and that family, I won't be surprised if everyone ends up with Dengue....especially judging how things are going at the moment!!

I went back to the Police Station today and the officer I need to speak to still wasn't there! I waited an hour before leaving. Whilst there I asked why I was there - apparenltly the officer is going to go back to Del Coral and talk to them about the fact the car park guards weren't there!! Not that it will make any difference. I said I will go back tomorrow, but after that I give up - whether he is there or not. Noone can do anything after 5 days anyway - you have to love this country!!

On a good note, choir practise went well this afternoon. We have started a choir at church - 4 part harmony for every song. I love it, it's been so long since I've had a chance to read music here. In fact only Norma and I can read music...apart from Don Heber who leads the choir. Makes for some interesting singing. But I love it, singing Alto to my hearts content. I'm thankful that I can read music, because it means I know what I'm singing. In choir if someone makes a mistake we repeat the song over and over until everyone has every note perfect. It makes for an amazing sound...but gets quite dull. It is also fantastic for my Spanish, reading and pronouncing...and rolling my r's. It helps me unwind from the craziness of these days!

No comments: