Saturday 25 September 2010

Update!!

I have Jaime's computer until 6pm today so figured I'd update this again whilst can!!
Tropical Storm Matthew seems to have by-passed us. It hit the coast and then went North to Belize!! We have rain now, but I think it is normal rain. Hondurans tell me no this is the storm, but the fact we've had blue sky all day and the Natinal Hurricane Centre says it's already in Belize makes me think not!
I went to the police again this morning as I was told to, I didn't know why I had to go back but I dragged Jaime with me so I wasn't on my own. The chief I had to talk to wasn't there and was going to be back at lunch time so I was asked to return.

I went back on my own at 1.30pm (everyone else was busy) and he still hadn't turned up as his car had broken down in Tegus - supposedly!! I asked who it was I was supposed to see and why. Each section of crimes has a person in charge of that area. This man is in charge of robberies, he knows the gangs, the likely suspects and will ask them what they know etc. Now, had he been around yesterday I'd be more hopeful of this working, but the fact he won't be back in the Station until 2 days after it was taken...no chance!! But I still have to go back to talk to him - do my bit!
Whilst I was there, the big chief of police, who helped me yesterday, said that he thinks I need lessons in shooting firearms. Apparently as a lone Gringa here, it would be very beneficial to me. I could go to the shooting ground and they would teach me. I'd actually really like that - but just for fun! I'd NEVER be able to aim a gun at anyone for any reason.

I am feeling very sad and somewhat freaked out that someone here has my computer and can look through ALL my photos - my family, my work, my apartment. Not great news, but I"m hoping they'll just wipe it clean and not look through my entire life which is stored on my computer!

No comments: