Friday 18 July 2008

Driving chaos

Considering I have driven in Enland for 12 years and Honduras only for 1, I am unsure as to how I am this confused!? In Honduras they drive on the opposite side of the car and the road to here. Driving today was perhaps the scariest experience ever! Maybe driving with jetlag isn't the wisest of choices....but heh!

So, for whatever the reason, I was thoroughly confused driving today! Driving on the motorway was fine - all going in the same direction - and was nice to be in a fast car actually going at about 130(ish) km.p.h again. But...driving through the streets of Worthing really confused me. I just had no idea which side to drive on - especially when I got to a junction! At one point, I sat athe St Georges Rd/Church Walk crossroads and for some reason had brain freeze and could just not work out which side of the road I needed to be on. After sitting there a while with no cars going by, I pulled over to the side of the road in a parking place and waited for a car to pass for me to follow. HOW SAD IS THAT???

I'm getting used to it though!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a safe trip. do be careful on the roads hope you enjoy your visit and fit in all you want to do.

jean said...

Katharine you have no idea how funny some of your antics appear to us stay at home mortals. I really wish I could see you tomorrow but finances wont let me play truant from work..--Missed you at Dennis' retirement you must have arrived after we left.Ours was only a fleeting visit.Hope to see you soon, love Jean.x

Anonymous said...

Hmm - would you like to borrow a bicycle - might be safer!!! Elaine xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathine
how long are you home for?

Lots of Love Gemma and Sylvia

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi
I wish I was there when you can back to Chesswood but I wasn't!
I hope I can still see you in the holidays though.
Still miss you loads!
Love from Anna.