Friday 26 December 2008

November catch up..!

Now I've been meaning to write this blog post for weeks now to keep people up-to-date!

However, as I sit to write this - I can't actually remember what it was I was going to write!
November proved to be very busy in the end. I had the dogs spayed - at the same time which proved to be quite an experience I am grateful I never have to repeat....

On the day I took them in I decided I shold probs have a dog house for htem to sleep in so they could recover in the dry if it continued with the bad weather. So, Enoc helped me draw a plan for it and my friend Kulicha was going to make it! That left me buying all the materials - wood, lamina etc...! Hmmm... I went to the wood store and had such a laugh, I dind't have a clue how much I needed. Then the lamina....I went to the fereterria and showed them my plans...told them it was for a dog house...they worked out how much I'd need for me. It was the most expensive I'd known, I couldn't work it out. They also said it wouldn't fit in my car but they'd deliver it. I didn't think any more of it...until they delivered it..hmmm...seems feet and metres were confused and I eneded up with 7 sheets of the stuff instead of 1!! No wonder it was so expensive! I went back to teh store and spoke to the manager...played the dumb white girl card and miraculously got my money back!! Turned out that I had a nice dog house in the end!

Now, I took one dog in on a Friday and the other on the Saturday. In my mind I imagined England...where you walk your dog in and then at teh end of the day you walk your dog out. Not so much here! So I took Delilah in first, I have to hold her whilst she is injected and goes to sleep. I leave her there and get a phone call 2 hours later to pick her up! There is no nurse, no oxygen etc - just the vet and his table. In fact, when I got there she was still on the table with her legs tied to the wall - I had to untie her before we could lift her onto the stretcher!! I then had an unconscious dog on a stretcher in the back of my car!! She then slept in my house til she came round - all very traumatic as she came round wailing and in shock - all things that are meant to happen at the vets! After Jezebel was done too the vet sent me home with 28 needles/injections! I had to inject them both with 2 needles every day!
This proved to be traumatic as well as it wasn't something I could do by myself as they needed holding still. All my friends became involved in this whole process! Amanda went away for 3 weekends in November and one of these was when the dogs were operated on and so I was calling on friends to come help me lift stretchers out of the car, hold the dogs etc! The dogs then became violent for 2 weeks and hated each other so one had to be tied at the front of the hosue and the other at the back! Was awful!

All went well, they both survived and are now completely fine, friends and no problems! Actually turned our well because I got to see more of my friends!! Amanda away at weekends meant that I saw more of my Honduran friends as I would invite them round more and hang out more - so a bonus really!

I have photos of all this but I'll get them up eventually!

No comments: