Monday 18 May 2009

All change.....again!!

So, I LOVE my house. I love it to bits. But my friends have all concluded - all separately - that it is simply not safe enough around here for me to live alone. I am so sad by this but know they are right. Which means I have to find somewhere else to live. Having seen Jaime's student house this weekend, it made me realise I don't need anything big or fancy - just a place for me. I've been asking my friends to keep an eye out but with the trauma of buying a new car I haven't given much thought to the house renting/moving!
On Saturday morning I received a phone call from Tim Hagler saying he was standing in an apartment that was clearly built for me and I must see it immediately! I pointed out I was in Tegus and so we arranged to go see it today!

So off I went today to meet Tim. Now, I'd thought I was going to move into another house - not apartment. But, this place is almost the same size as my house and was wonderful. It has just been built - in fact still being finished! Tim is very good friends with the young guy who has moved in upstairs, he has just finished in semenary and is working with the youth at Tim's church. He is getting married next year and this is to be their home. There is one apartment upstairs and one down. 2 bedroom. The owner founded Pablo Weir, a Christian evangelical school in town. He said he built it with 2 options in mind. My flat has a staircase in it which is blocked off at the top - so if a family want to move in he can open it up and it is a big house - or he can have it as 2 flats!! Cunning! Does mean I have a random staircase going no-where!!! The garden is enormous, simply enormous, with well established banana and coconut trees. The owner is very excited I have dogs, he's always wanted them but his wife is allergic and the other guy upstairs - Abner - LOVES dogs and thinks it's great I have them! He doesn't have a car and so the garage space is mine! It really is perfect. It is just one block frm Jaime and Lorena's house too - where I spend a lot of time anyway. The other amazing thing is that Abner suggested we split the cost of internet between us!! We can claim it's a house and share!! Perfect for when I'm living alone - cuts the costs! It's much cheaper than my house here too. So, security wise - much more secure!
I can move in from June and so Tim is reading through my contract for me to find out when I can leave this house! I feel very sad about leaving. The thought of moving again fills me with dread. But, it is so clearly meant to be that I just can't say no! It's def the right thing to do!

(more good news - Hollie and Israel have an extra bed I can have - I have to give my bed back to the school!!)

ALL change!!

2 comments:

jean said...

THANK YOU LORD. thats at least one of my prayers answered. Kathaine moving somwehere safer Hooray! :)
You would not believe how great that news is, i feel much happier knowing that the surrounding company/area is safer, hope you do too.
Congrats on getting your residency and hope things cont to improve, the car will come! just seen email.. will do.... take care, God Bless, love jean.x

daveandesther said...

Sounds great, Katharine! That's the kind of situation we're looking for too, so keep your eyes out for us :)