Tuesday 17 August 2010

Funeral

It's 1am and I came prepared this time! I'm sat in church and I bought my computer with me!! Oh so tired, coffee flowing! The guys are playing poker in Fredi's car and I'm sat here watching 27 Dresses and on the internet! Others are snoozing.
The service went well, obviously cried! Haven't seen the body too many times thankfully. It's going to be a long night. There is another service tomorrow morning followed by burial up in the mountains.
The nicest part of a horrible evening is that I realise how much a part of things I am here now! I know everyone so well. The family are all pleased to see me, welcome me etc. I am no longer a visitor, but I belong! It's a good feeling. I am a part of these 2 families here and that is priceless. It's only on occassions like this that it becomes obvious sadly.

No comments: