Monday 23 August 2010

Flooding



This is the view from the front windscreen of my car today as I was driving down the road from Providence! The road had become a river after just 2 hours of tropical rain!! It was actually quite deep as well.

Honduras is really suffering at the moment from severe rain and severe flooding. In Sigua alone rivers are bursting and flooding houses and roads. As I drove into town today I passed cars parked along by the bridge watching the raging torrent of water rising steadily, flooding the lower level houses built on the rivers edge. It was an impressive sight to see -- yet the destruction is devastating. The river by my house luckily has high river banks, thankfully.

Pray for Tegucigalpa in particular. The flooding is at it's worst and has destroyed countless homes, roads and businesses. The rain is relentless.

Praise God for my wellies and 4x4 car at the moment!! There are tropical storms and hurricanes out in the Caribbean - but none near Honduras. Yet we still suffer their effects.
As I write this the rain has started again. Lovely to be tucked up in bed when it is like this outside, but not when you think of the destruction it is causing...and not when you have to get up early for work and it's still dark and raining. A killer!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And we're complaining about the weather here...
Take care
God Bless
CHAT