Sunday 22 August 2010

Yay...Football!!

Finally...football on Sunday again. This was just a friendly game and it wa so wonderful to be back on the cancha watching football with my friends again. Life felt normal...I don't really know what to do with my Sundays without football!! I arrived after the start of the game and am sorry to say I missed the fight on the pitch the other side of the fence - the posh expensive pitch we've never played on! Apparently neither team agreed with the ref, so all piled on top of him beating the watsit out of him!!! Our team was hilarious, most of the normal team couldn't make it and so it was like the B team playing, actually more like the Y team! They were so bad it was wonderful to watch, and the fact that the pitch was fooded from all the rain added to the fun (to watch), then the added bonus of 2 dogs who wouldn't go away. Normally the dogs and cows wander across in the middle of the game, but these 2 dogs were having way to much fun running round in the middle of it all. All in all, a most amusing game. I love Sundays!

A highlight of the day was one of the parents from school calling me - the fact they have my number is NOT a highlight, but the fact we chatted away before she realised I wasn't Profe Luz - the Honduran teacher! Shows my Spanish is improving!! I've been told many times this weekend that I am now truly bilingual with my Spanish, and my accent is Honduran (will be more so after more time away from England). I've heard my friends say so many things about other foreigners' Spanish and accents that to hear them being positive about mine means a lot. Don't get me wrong - it's still not great and I have a very long way to go yet, but it's an encouragement to hear people being positive about it! There is hope! If only my high school German and French teachers could see me now!!

No comments: